Crucial Reasons To Not Skip Your Twice-Yearly Cleaning
Even though you care for your teeth and gums and maintain good oral health, it’s essential to have regular dental check-ups and thorough cleanings. At Made Ya Smile West 8, TX, we locate signs of tooth decay and gum disease during your visit. When these are found soon, they can be taken care of easily. But if more detrimental conditions aren't found, these could lead to huge complications, including tooth loss.
Twice-yearly dental cleanings give our Houston, TX staff the chance to eradicate buildup and tartar and polish your enamel to create a gorgeous smile. Allow us to help you and your family preserve your dental health with family oral care. The American Dental Association advises kids, adolescents, and older patients to have their teeth cleaned no less than twice every year. For patients with rescinding or present gum disease or who have traditional braces, more frequent dental cleanings may be necessary.
How is a dental cleaning done?
At your initial appointment at Made Ya Smile West 8, TX, we will begin by examining your teeth. Next, we will take an x-ray to identify any issues we may not notice with the naked eye. If we locate any issues, we will craft a personalized treatment program for you. Cavities are usually fixed before your teeth cleaning. But other more serious therapies may require another trip to our Houston, TX dental practice. At your dental cleaning, our hygienist will eliminate any plaque on the teeth using precise dental instruments. As soon as your teeth and gums are clean, your enamel is polished to get rid of unwanted stains. Our trained hygienists may give advice to our patients on the ways to efficiently care for their teeth in between visits.
Why you shouldn't skip your biannual cleaning
At Made Ya Smile West 8, TX, our team believes that there are many reasons why you shouldn't cancel a dental cleaning, such as:
- Preventing cavities: Getting your enamel cleaned every six months allows us to detect cavities early on. If you put off seeing a dentist for a prolonged amount of time, this decay can travel throughout the tooth, and we might not be able to save it. This instance will require a dental crown.
- Treating periodontal disease as soon as possible: In the event that periodontal disease is not addressed, it might cause worn down gums, bone deterioration, and loose teeth. If you notice red or bleeding gums, call for an exam at our Houston, TX facility for periodontal disease care.
- Keeping your teeth white and clean: Biannual cleanings let your teeth stay as glowing as possible. At your dental exam, we polish your enamel to make it look bright.
- Good breath: Twice-yearly cleanings keep bad breath at bay because they get rid of tartar, which might be the primary cause of persistent bad breath.
- Receiving an oral pathology diagnostic: During a visit, we will look at your oral structures (including the mouth, tongue, lips, or even lymph nodes) to detect indications of an issue. If diagnosed immediately, oral cancer can be taken care of without much hassle.
- Maintain your health: Your oral wellness could directly harm your complete health. Late-stage gum disease might also lead to heart problems. Routine dental care has been shown to minimize your chances of stroke.
- Saving money on treatments: In the event that you take care of dental wellness concerns early on, they can be treated with quick approaches. However, when you put off care, you could require more expensive and invasive therapies.
Call for a dental cleaning to preserve your oral wellness
Keep your smile as healthy as can be when you get professional dental cleanings at Made Ya Smile West 8, TX. Our welcoming practice in Houston, TX offers preventive dental care to address preventing tooth decay and reduce your chances of developing gum disease.