Helpful Techniques to Prevent Tooth Damage
Dental knowledge is critical in the act of keeping tooth decay, periodontal disease, and different conditions at bay. Our staff at Made Ya Smile West 8, TX aims to teach people about prevention. In the event that these concerns affect your dental health, they’re typically more difficult to address, costly, and time consuming. Proper oral hygiene is the primary line of defense when it comes to ensuring that your mouth is in tip-top shape. Our Houston, TX staff is thrilled to share a few proactive tips to help make sure your teeth are clean, sturdy, and gorgeous for many years.
- Get dental sealants. Tooth sealants are a wonderful option when it comes to preventing cavities. Sealants are a pliable, plastic material that is placed on the tops of the backmost teeth, or the premolars and molars. Dental sealants could help to reduce the individual's likelihood of dental caries in these regions since the crevices on your molars and premolars can trap bacteria and cause them to be more weak to tooth decay.
- Chew sugarless gum. Countless individuals aren't aware that sugarless gum can help protect against cavities. Chewing gum encourages more saliva production in the mouth. Saliva is the agent responsible for both offsetting and washing away the acid from things we eat that could potentially damage your teeth’s enamel, resulting in decay.
- Consume tooth-healthy items. The germs that cause decay love sugar contained in food and liquids. Sucrose substances lay the groundwork for cavities to grow. It's important to know what you and your kids are consuming. When you have food or a beverage that contains a lot of sugar, it's encouraged to clean your teeth as soon as possible.
- Be attentive. When you feel the indications of tooth decay, it’s crucial to visit your dentist for an evaluation. In many cases, the first indication of decay is chronic dental sensitivity. You may feel a sharp pain as soon as you consume something varying in temperature. As tooth decay advances, you might experience migraines, painful chewing, tooth discoloration, or obvious holes.
- Flossing your teeth is needed. Brushing on its own isn’t effective in making sure cavities are kept away. Flossing is an essential step that several people ignore. Flossing targets areas that toothbrushes can’t get to, as well as helps to get rid of particles lodged between the teeth. This simple habit is effective at helping to diminish the likelihood of tooth decay.
- Use fluoride treatments for prevention. Many dentists recommend regular fluoride treatments for children beginning at six years of age until they’re 16 – 18 years old. However, if an adult is prone to developing tooth decay, a professional fluoride treatment might be incredibly beneficial to their oral health. Our general dentists in Houston, TX offer fluoride treatments and can suggest a prescription fluoride-based toothpaste, tablets, and mouthwash to use in between exams.
- Use mouthwash. Mouthwash is an extra protection against tooth decay. After brushing your teeth, you can use mouthwash to further minimize dangerous oral bacteria and buildup.
- See your dentist regularly. Routine dental cleanings and assessments are essential when it comes to not just cleaning your teeth but also examining the condition of your dental health. Your oral health depends on being cognizant of what’s going on inside of your mouth. During your visit, your tooth surfaces will be brushed and polished. After this, your dentist will perform a detailed assessment of your oral structures to identify any potential concerns. The sooner the oral complications are found, the faster your treatment may begin.
- Brush regularly. While this may come across as obvious, brushing your teeth two times per day with dentist-approved toothpaste is a great approach to avoid tooth decay. You can try humming a song in your head while you brush your teeth for at least two minutes.
- Help your children. Kids love to replicate their parents' actions. In many cases, parents are the primary ones who teach children how to clean their teeth, which is why it’s important to be a suitable example. Arranging routine cleanings is also another method to teach them the value of maintaining good dental practices.
Learn the most efficient way to clean your teeth
When you need to schedule regular oral cleanings and evaluations for you and your loved ones, then we urge you to contact our comprehensive care dentistry office in Houston, TX for your visit. These needed and preventive appointments will help to keep tooth decay and various other issues from developing. As an extra positive, you’ll surely revel in how smooth your teeth are following your professional dental cleanings. Our incredibly talented dentists and staff will help you to feel relaxed and explain the treatment techniques in depth. Our team is eager to see you at Made Ya Smile West 8, TX.